CM air handling units are designed specifically for easy maintenance and installation for small and medium-sized air conditioning systems for commercial and residential applications such as houses, stores, shops, villas, restaurants, commercial complexes, offices, laboratories, theaters, show rooms, etc. These units may be used for cooling and/or heating, and are designed for concealed ceiling installation above the false ceiling with ducted supply and return air distribution for models (CM60, CM75&CM96) and ducted supply and free return for models (CM15, CM20, CM24, CM30, CM38& CM48). Units of this type consist of a coil, fan, drive motor and flat filter. Units could be used for outdoor installation (optional).
These units are characterized with:
• Compact unit size
• Suitable for concealed ducted installation
• Available with a wide range of capacities from 1000 to 10000 cfm
• Unit models CM15, CM20, CM 24, CM30 and CM38 can be suspended from the ceiling and other models are provided with
legs for floor or ceiling mounting
• Supplied as horizontal construction with horizontal air supply
• 1.0 nominal thickness aluminum mesh media flat filter (washable)
• Three-phase power supply
• Belt driven fan
• Single-speed fan motor
• Internal thermal protection for fan motor
All units are constructed of heavy gauge galvanized steel with optional weatherproof, polyester powder electrostatic paint, oven- baked to ensure maximum gloss and hardness. The side panels are removable for the inspection, adjustment and servicing of the coil and motor fan assembly.
All units are internally lined with 1.0 inch fiberglass insulation or its equivalent.
Coils are manufactured from seamless copper tubes mechanically-expanded into aluminum fins to be suitable for working at 300 Psi air pressure. All coils are air pressure tested at 450 Psi, under water to avoid leakage. They also undergo dry chemical cleaning after manufacturing for optimum system cleanliness. All coils are constructed from 3/8" tube diameter.
All units are provided with a heavy gauge zinc coated galvanized steel drain pan. The drain pan is insulated with rubber foam insulation to prevent condensation and is coated with weatherproof, polyester powder electrostatic paint, oven-baked to ensure maximum gloss and hardness, on the inner-side for efficient condensate removal.
Double inlet, double width centrifugal forward curved fans are used, with V-belt drive with variable pitch pulley (for fan motors with 5.5kW and less only). The fans are statically and dynamically balanced to ensure quiet operation and smooth performance. Fan discharge can be supplied either horizontally (as standard) or vertically (as an option).
Motors are of the totally enclosed induction fan-cooled type, with fan/motor assembly placed on a floating base with a flexible connection at the fan/casing interface. The base itself is mounted on rubber vibration isolators to eliminate noise and vibration transmission to buildings (if any). All motors are of the single- speed type and are highly efficient. All CM fan motors are of the four-pole, induction type, squirrel-cage type, with internal thermal current protection and class "F" insulation.
All CM models are provided with 1.0 inch nominal thickness aluminum mesh media flat filter.
• Synthetic fiber media for flat filter
• 2.0 or 4.0 nominal thickness flat filter
• Unit with side, top or bottom filter withdrawal
• Stainless steel drain pan
• Backward curved fans
• Copper tubes/copper fins
• Room thermostat
• Fan motor contactor (starter)
• External motor overload protection
• Main power circuit breaker
• Stainless steel casing
• Electric heater built inside the unit for heating purposes
• Two-speed motor
• Variable speed drive
• Separate heating coil (4 pipe system)
• Polyurethane pre coated fins
• Acra-Clad coating for copper tubes/ aluminum fins
• 5/8" tube diameter coils
• Sheet metal parts are coated with weatherproof, polyester powder electrostatic paint, oven-baked to ensure maximum gloss and hardness.
• Ducted return air for small capacity units (CM15 to CM48) with 3.94 inch increase in its width (w)
• Double skin (solid or perforated)
• Insulation 2 inch thick fiberglass
• Horizontal construction with vertical discharge
• Free standing construction with standard vertical discharge or horizontal discharge as an option