PETRA’s fan coil units (RAC Series) are ideally designed for air conditioning residential, commercial and institutional buildings with low static pressure application. They provide flexible operation and control of indoor conditions in individual spaces.
The units cover an air flow range of 200 to 1200 nominal CFM. The standard unit consists of a coil section, suitable for both chilled / hot water, a fan section with a direct driven centrifugal fan and a flat filter (flat filter for all models except the Ceiling Basic Unit).
Ceiling Basic Model (Galvanized Steel)
Designed for concealed ceiling installation above false ceiling with ducted supply air distribution and free return of air above false ceiling. Units of this type consist of a coil and fan without a return plenum or filter.
Ceiling Basic with Plenum (Galvanized Steel)
Designed for concealed ceiling installation above false ceiling with ducted supply and return air distribution. The plenum encloses the fan section of the basic unit. Units of this type consist of a coil, fan and a flat filter.
Floor Cabinet Model (Galvanized Steel)
Designed for floor mounted exposed applications, the unit has a decorative painted galvanized steel cabinet that encloses all the unit’s components. Units of this type consist of a fan, coil and flat filter, and is supplied with fixed (steel panel) lancing grill for the supply air.
Ceiling Cabinet Model (Galvanized Steel)
Units have the same specifications as GFC model, but are used for ceiling suspended exposed applications.
Floor Basic Model (Galvanized Steel)
Units have the same specifications as GFC but without a cabinet. Units are provided with galvanized steel plenum without paint. Units of this type consist of a fan, coil and filter and are used for concealed floor applications.
Floor Cabinet Model (Deluxe)
Designed for floor mounted exposed applications; the unit has a decorative painted plastic and galvanized steel cabinet. Units of this type consist of a fan. coil and flat filter, and is supplied with double deflection grills (manually operated) for the supply air and fixed deflection plastic grills for the return air.
Ceiling Cabinet Model (Deluxe)
Units have the same specification as PFC, Plastic cover model, but are used for ceiling suspended exposed applications.
• Low sound level units, NC as low as NC 30
• Low height and footprint units
• Coil can be on the left or right without affecting coil performance. (Except PFC & PCC coil that can only be on the right).
• Coil is supplied with 2-air vents piped to the drain pan.
• Heavy gauge sheet metal casing with G90 - galvanized steel.
All coils are constructed of 3/8 inch diameter copper tubes mechanically expanded into aluminum fins. The coil fins are spaced at 10 fins per inch (12 fins per inch for 3 Rows cooling only). All coil are leak tested at 450 Psig air pressure and are suitable for up to 350 Psig working pressure (with manual air vent, piped to the drain pan).
All units are provided with forward curved centrifugal fans of the double inlet type that are designed for maximum efficiency and uniform air distribution. The fans are statically and dynamically balanced to ensure quiet operation and optimal performance. All fans are of the direct driven type.
Motors are driven by permanent split capacitor electric motors and are of the three speed type (with internal thermal protection).
All models are provided with 1” thick (nominal) & 7/8” thick actual frame size with 5/8” thick aluminum media flat filter for (CBP+GCC), 1/2’’ for (GFC+FB) and washable filter for (PFC+PCC).
All units are provided with a drain pan connection from one side. The drain pan is insulated on its underside to prevent condensation.
All units are constructed of heavy gauge galvanized steel without paint, except for cabinet models that are coated with weatherproof, polyester powder electrostatic paint oven-baked to ensure maximum gloss and hardness.
All units are internally lined with 0.5 inch fiber-glass insulation for the coil and fan section.
The following options can be provided:
• Manual 3-speed switch - (Wall Mounted), can be built-in PFC & GFC models
• Thermostat (includes 3-speed switch) - (Wall Mounted), can be built-in PFC & GFC models
• Shut-off valve - Loose item or built in unit
• Auxiliary drain pan under 3-way valves
• 4-Pipe system units - double coil (3-Rows cooling + 1-Row heating)
• Synthetic media filter
• Unit’s casing for none decorative units is coated with weatherproof, polyester powder electrostatic paint, oven-baked to
ensure maximum gloss and hardness.
• 3-way valve - Loose or built in unit
• Built-in electric heaters with the following standard features:
1. Finned tube electrical heating elements
2. Automatic thermal safety cutout
• Optional components for built-in electric heaters are available:
1. Manual thermal safety cutout. (Not applicable for GCC & GFC models)
2. Contactor (one normally open contactor)
• All heaters are single stage.
• All heaters are available in either 220-240V 1-phase 50/60Hz power supply.
• Electric heater capacities are provided in this manual.
• Double skin construction with 1.0” fiber glass isolation for CBP models only. Inner skin can be either solid or perforated.
• Stainless steel drain pan.