PETRA Dry Cooler (PDC) unit is the outdoor part of the ESC system which is designed to work under all normal conditions.
Its low noise feature makes it suitable for all applications. Different capacities are available to match the PWSP series and one dry cooler or more is used for multi water source units in one building.
FEATURES & BENEFTS
Air Cooled Condenser Coil
• The condenser coils are designed to deliver their duties at optimum performance for all design conditions.
• Coils are manufactured from seamless copper tubes mechanically expanded into aluminum fins.
• End plates have die formed extruded tube holes for maximum tube protection and support. All coils are air pressure
tested at 3103 kpa, under water to avoid leakage. They also undergo dry chemical cleaning after manufacturing for
optimum system cleanness.
Direct Driven, Condenser Propeller Fans
• All condenser fans are of the propeller (axial) type which are directly mounted on the motor’s shaft.
• Fan blades are made from coated steel or aluminium for maximum corrosion resistance and are statically and
dynamically balanced before installation.
• PETRA also provides its patented design for the condenser fan mounting. This new design offers low noise operation
with high efficiency performance. All condenser fans are equipped with epoxy coated-wire guards.
Condenser Fan Motors
• All fans motors are premium efficiency, six pole (four poles for unit models: PDC 30 - PDC 90), totally enclosed, air-cooled,
permanently lubricated induction type motors. They have internal thermal current protection and class “F” insulation IP 55.
All motors are IEC certified.
• Heavy duty mounting chassis for the whole unit, coated with weatherproof, polyester powder electrostatic paint, oven-baked
to ensure maximum gloss and hardness
• Easily accessible system components
• V-shaped air-cooled condensers for large capacity dry coolers
• Galvanized C-channel steel base with lifting lugs painted with Acrylic Polyurethane Enamel that offers excellent coverage, and
a highly durable gloss and hardness to the base surface in order to protect it against outside affects.
• Supply and return headers on dry cooler: Headers are seamless copper pipes epoxy painted after being cleaned, to maintain
pipe material and brazing protected against all external conditions
• Booster pump (one or two)
• Pressure switch to control booster pump operation, by measuring the pressure drop across dry cooler inlet and outlet
• External overload for each dry cooler fan motor.