PETRA Air –Cooled Liquid Chillers (PSC4 ) with Hermetic scroll compressors and R-410a Refrigerant , offer a wide range of sizes to meet customer requirements for different applications within industrial and commercial buildings. PETRA standard efficiency chillers are designed to meet customer requirements by offering state of the art low sound , reliable, high energy efficiency and small physical foot print chillers. The wide range of cooling capacities and flexible installation arrangement makes it easy to install and maintain.
PETRA standard efficiency chillers are designed to be shipped as a complete factory package which are 100% run in the factory. Unit capacities range from 50TR-500TR, A wide choice of chiller capacities and options are available to meet most design requirements
PSC4 chillers consists of highly efficient low pressure drop coolers and high quality condenser coils with maximize airflow. PSC4 chillers are equipped with an intelligent microprocessor controller to manage the unit performance for optimum efficiency at both full load and part load values.
• Capacities ranging form 50 tons to 500 tons.
• PETRA Air –Cooled Liquid Chiller is provided with environmentally friendly R-410a refrigerant.
• Heavy structure unit with weatherproof, electrostatic polyester powder paint, oven baked to ensure maximum gloss and hardness paint
complies with 5,000 salt spray baths.
• Heavy Duty galvanized steel C-channel base with full supporting cross members made of heavy gauge galvanized steel.
• PETRA Air –Cooled Liquid Chillers have superior efficiencies exceeds the new ASHRAE 90.1 efficiency levels at both full and part load.
• PSC4 series offers a low sound power level by adopting low noise scroll compressors and special design refrigeration piping.
• All copper pipes and headers are coated after being cleaned, to maintain pipe material and brazing protected against all external conditions.
• Factory assembled and tested chillers minimize field installation and commissioning costs.
• Installation for PETRA Air –Cooled Liquid Chiller is made quickly and easily with complete factory wiring and factory tested options and start up, to
eliminate any potential start up problems, A complete factory run test is performed on each unit in the factory.
• High efficiency Copeland scroll compressors feature excellent reduction in noise and vibration ,provide higher redundancy reduced maintenance
costs and enhance integrated part load values (IPLV).
• 3-phase severe duty totally enclosed condenser fan motors with current sensing overload protection and permanently lubricated
bearings support extended product life.
• Condenser coils are designed to deliver their duties with optimum performance for all design conditions, coils are manufactured from
copper tubes mechanically expanded into Aluminum fins, all coils are air pressure tested at 650 Psi under water to avoid leakage. The coils
undergo dry chemical cleaning after manufacturing for optimum system cleanness.
• Condenser fans are of the axial type statically and dynamically balanced selected for optimum efficiency and for maximum sound
power reduction. Fan blades are direct driven by external rotor motor type and protected by steel wire guard coated with electrostatic polyester
powder coating oven baked.
• High efficiency DX shell and tube type cooler with inner grooved tubes, all coolers are tested for refrigeration side working pressure of
360 Psi and water side working pressure of 150 Psi. Cooler water baffles are fabricated from brass for maximum corrosion resistance and the
cooler is provided with water vent and drain connection plugs.
• Coolers insulation using 3/4" closed cell foam as a standard insulation thickness and then wrapped with cheese cloth.
• Each Refrigeration circuit includes: Liquid line shut off valve, liquid line sigh glass, disposable filter drier, High/Low safety pressure switches and
charging points with charging nipples.
• Microprocessor controller for full management of the chillers operation and safety circuits.
• Chiller Sound reduction using Sound jackets and low noise condenser fans "low rpm fans"
• Extra coil protection using on of the following options:
- Polyurethane pre-coated aluminum fins with copper tubes, and optional 304 s.s casing.
- Copper fins with copper tubes, and optional 304 s.s casing.
- Polyurethane post-coated aluminum fins with copper tubes, and optional 304 s.s casing.
- Microchannel coil construction.
• Heat pump chiller .
• Cooler tape heater: factory installed heater to protect cooler from freeze up at low ambient down to -20'F.
• Refrigeration and control options: Suction accumulator, liquid receiver, External pressure relief valves, pressure gauges and water flow switch
and external overload for each compressor and condenser fan motors.
• Heat reclaim, heat exchanger for hot water supply (de-super heat exchanger) for domestic use.
• Glycol option with PG and EG can be added to offset capacity of the chiller.
• Automatic or manual pump down head pressure control by varying condenser fan speed using a speed regulator or variable frequency
drive to enable unit to operate down to 32°F.
• Head pressure control by a combination of condenser fan speed control and flooded condenser coils and added refrigeration components
to unable unit to work down to 0°F or -20°F.