DSPC units are designed specifically for easy maintenance and installation for medium and large-sized air conditioning systems in commercial and residential applications such as homes, stores, shops, villas, restaurants, commercial complexes, offices, laboratories, theaters, showrooms, etc.
These ducted split units can be used for cooling or heating (heat pump optional).
Each unit consists of two sections: the evaporator (PAH- unit or CM-unit) and the condenser (DSPC-unit) of matching size.
This series is available in a capacity range from 68 to 2019 nominal MBH at 50 Hz and 76 to 2235 nominal MBH at 60 Hz.
1. Outdoor Unit (DSPC Type)
DSPC units are constructed and engineered with noise reducing performance as the first consideration. Several features help ensure optimal noise reduction such as low noise mounted fans, foam or fiberglass insulation for the outdoor unit and compressors being mounted on vibration isolators.
Capacities to Fit Requirements
A large production line of DSPC units with different construction and capacities are available.
Wide Range of Indoor Unit Types
The condensing units of this series could be connected to a wide range of indoor units to match all client space requirements.
Heavy gauge galvanized steel casing coated with weatherproof, polyester powder electrostatic paint, oven-baked to ensure maximum gloss and hardness.
The high efficiency, low noise, hermetically sealed, refrigerant gas-cooled motor used is in line with PETRA's product reliability and efficiency. (Suitable for cooling and heat pump application.)
Coils are designed to deliver their respective duties with optimum performance in all design conditions.
They are manufactured from seamless copper tubes mechanically expanded into aluminum fins. All coils are air pressure tested at 450 Psi, under water to avoid leakage. They also undergo dry chemical cleaning after manufacturing for optimum system cleanness.
All condenser fans are of the axial type, sickle-shaped blades statically and dynamically balanced, selected for optimum efficiency and for maximum sound power reduction.
Fan blades are driven by an external rotor motor and protected by a wire guard made from steel coated with oven-baked, electrostatic, polyester powder coating.
All fans motors are characterized as being highly efficient, maintaining longer life and having better performance in all conditions.
2. Indoor Unit- CM & PAH Types
The CM units are considered to be of the "Ceiling Model" type. They are designed for concealed ceiling installation above the false ceiling with ducted supply and free return air distribution system. Units of this type consist of a coil, fan and filter.
Main Features of CM Type
- High static pressure
- Belt-driven fans
- Single-speed motor
- Three-phase power supply
- Return flat filter
- Suitable for concealed ducted installation
- Available in a wide range of air flow rates from 1500 to 9600 CFM
- Can be supplied either as horizontal or vertical type (optional)
The PAH units are designed for ceiling or floor installation for indoor or outdoor application with custom made capability to deliver their respective duties at optimum performance at all design conditions.
Main Features of PAH Type
- Available in a wide range of air flow rates from 10000 to 40000 CFM
- Suitable for either indoor or outdoor installation
- Can be supplied either as horizontal or vertical type, with a modular construction
- Available in single or double skin construction
- Available with a wide variety of sections:
- Bag filter
- Mixing box
- Face and by-pass dampers
- Electric heaters
- Other sections available on request
Common Features (for CM & PAH)
Coils are manufactured from seamless copper tubes mechanically expanded into aluminum fins. All coils are air pressure tested at 450 Psi, under water to avoid leakage. They also undergo dry chemical cleaning after manufacturing for optimum system cleanness.
Units are provided with Double Width, Double Inlet (DWDI) forward curved centrifugal fans. The fans have a V-belt drive with a variable pitch pulley (for fan motors with 5.5kW and less only). The fans are statically and dynamically balanced, to ensure quiet operation and smooth performance.
Motors are of the totally enclosed induction type, with the fan motor assembly placed on a floating base with a flexible connection at the fan casing interface. The base itself is mounted on rubber-in-sheer vibration isolators to eliminate noise and vibration transmission to buildings. All motors are highly efficient, single speed, four pole, induction type, totally enclosed air-cooled, squirrel-cage type, internal thermal current protected and with class "F" insulation.
CM models are provided with a 1.0” thick aluminum flat filter.
PAH models are provided with a 2.0” thick pleated flat filter.
All the units are provided with a heavy gauge, zinc coated, galvanized steel drain pan with a drain connection from one side. The drain pan is insulated on the underside with rubber foam insulation to prevent condensation. For the PAH units, the drain pan is mounted on an insulated channel base to facilitate coil sliding.
All CM units are internally lined with 1.0- inch thick fiberglass insulation for the coil and fan sections and 2 inch injected foam insulation for PAH units.
All units are constructed of heavy gauge, galvanized steel; coated with weatherproof, polyester powder electrostatic paint, oven- baked to ensure maximum gloss and hardness (optional).
All the units are constructed of high quality grade formed metal profiles with penta- post frames for rigid construction. The units are available with double skin construction and coated with weatherproof, polyester powder electrostatic paint, oven-baked to ensure maximum gloss and hardness (optional).
Outdoor Unit (DSPC Type)
• Voltage monitor controller (phase failure relay)
• Short cycling protection for compressors using controller
• Control voltage is 220-240V/1ph/50-60 Hz for all components.
• Control circuit breaker for short circuit protection
• Low ambient head pressure control by ON/OFF switch
• Direct online start
• PETRA Mark IV controller
• One power supply in the outdoor unit
• Internal thermal protection for all motors (compressor and condenser fan)
• Crank case heater for compressors
• Service charging nipples
• High and low pressure safety switches
• Nitrogen charges with cap
• Three-phase power supply
• Belt-driven fans
• Single-speed fan motor
• 1 inch thick aluminum flat filter
• Expansion device
• Internal thermal protection for all motors
• Contactor (built-in matching outdoor electrical panel in cases where unit is a complete package - indoor and outdoor
units delivered together)
• Wide capacity range, from 1200 CFM to 40000 CFM. Larger capacities can be made as special units.
• Ideal selection for controlling the indoor air quality so that the right degree of filtration, humidification, cooling, heating and noise
levels can be achieved.
• High efficiency centrifugal fans, excellent vibration absorption and highly efficient heat exchangers are integrated to ensure
reliable performance of the unit.
• Penta-post construction is used for a unique rigid construction.
• Highly efficient using top-quality materials and components.
• Long life with easy inspection and maintenance through the access panels.
• Different kinds of accessories and options can be selected and added to this modular design.
1. Outdoor Unit (DSPC Type)
• Heat pump application (with a suction accumulator, and 4-way reversing valve as a standard feature with the heat
• Sight glass
• Filter drier (disposable type)
• Solenoid valve (for cooling only units)
• Expansion valve (for indoor unit when sold without a matching outdoor unit)
• Suction accumulator for cooling only unit (for low suction applications)
• Pre-charged outdoor units with shut-off valves
• Suction and liquid service valves
• Low-ambient operation control by varying the speed of the condenser fan motor using speed controller or frequency inverter.
• High and low pressure gauges
• Compressor sound jacket
• Other refrigerant application (e.g. R-22, R-134a)
• P1astic mesh or wire mesh protection on condenser coil
• Special microprocessor controller with additional feature
• Building automation system interface
• Circuit breaker for each compressor
• Circuit breaker for each condenser and/or evaporator fan motor
• External overload for each condenser and/or evaporator fan motors
• External overload for each compressor motor
• Analog wall mounted room thermostat including three-speed switch
• Digital room thermostat
2. Indoor Unit
• Mixing box with manually operated fresh and return air dampers (indoor unit)
• Roof top arrangement (bottom discharge and return unit)
• Roof curb mounting
• Bag filter (indoor unit)
• Synthetic fiber media for flat filter (indoor unit)
• 2.0" or 4.0" thick flat filter (CM indoor unit)
• 4.0" or 6.0" thick flat filter (PAH indoor unit)
• Hot water coil (built inside unit)
• Economizer option with fresh, return and exhaust air dampers with actuators. If this option is installed the unit will have the ability to work
in free cooling or free heating mode to take advantage of the possible external environmental conditions since it avoids turning on the heaters
and the compressors. This function can be achieved by controlling the opening/closing of the external air damper with reference to the
difference between the outdoor air temperature/enthalpy and the indoor air temperature/enthalpy.
• Return fan
• Anti corrosion protection for coils, Acra-clad for copper / aluminum coils only.
• Copper tube/copper fins