PETRA’S fan coil units (DC Series) are designed for applications with medium static pressure. The units are particularly suitable for concealed or exposed ceiling or floor applications with ducted air distribution. This series covers an airflow range from 600 to 3000 CFM. The standard unit is comprised of a coil suitable for both chilled and hot water,a fan section with direct drive centrifugal fan and a flat filter. (Flat filter is standard for all models except the ceiling basic models)
Ceiling Basic Model (DCB)
DCB models are designed for concealed ceiling installation above false ceiling with ducted supply air distribution and free return of air above the false ceiling. Units of this type consist of a coil and fan without a return plenum or filter.
Ceiling Basic Model with Plenum (DCP)
DCP models are designed for concealed ceiling installation above false ceiling with ducted supply air distribution and free return of air above the false ceiling. The plenum encloses the fan section of the basic unit. Units of this type consist of a coil, fan and flat filter.
Ceiling Cabinet Model (DCC)
This is an enclosed version of the DCB model with a cabinet for ceiling installation either above the false ceiling or exposed. The cabinet is fabricated from heavy gauge galvanized steel with removable panels. This model is supplied with a return and supply duct connection and consists of a coil, fan and filter (side withdrawal type).
Vertical Cabinet Model (DCV)
This is an enclosed version of the DCB model with a cabinet for floor mounting with vertical air discharge and front return air. The cabinet is fabricated from heavy gauge galvanized steel with removable panels. This model is supplied with return and supply duct connections and consists of a coil, fan and flat filter (front withdrawal type).
• Low sound level units, NC as low as NC 30.
• Low height and footprint units.
• Coil can be either left or right without affecting coil performance.
• Coil is supplied with 2-air vents piped to the drain pan.
• Heavy gauge sheet metal casing with G90 - galvanized steel.
All coils are constructed of copper tubes, 3/8 inch in diameter, mechanically expanded into aluminum fins. Coil fins are spaced at 10 fins per inch as standard (12 fins per inch for 3-rows cooling only). All coils are tested for leakage at 450 Psig air pressure and suitable for up to 350 Psig working pressure (with manual air vent, piped to the drain pan).
All units are provided with forward curved centrifugal fans of the double inlet type that are designed for maximum efficiency and uniform air distribution. The fans are statically and dynamically balanced to ensure quiet operation and optimal performance. All fans are of the direct-drive type.
Fans are 3-speed and driven by permanent split capacitor electric motors (with internal thermal protection).
All models are provided with a 1” nominal thickness, 7/8” thick actual frame size with 5/8” thick aluminum media flat filter.
All units are provided with a galvanized steel drain pan. The drain pan is insulated on its underside to prevent condensation.
All units are constructed of heavy gauge galvanized steel without paint.
All units are internally lined with 0.5 inch fiberglass insulation for the coil and fan section.
The following options can be provided:
• Stainless steel drain pan
• Double skin with solid or perforated inner skin
• 1” fiberglass insulation
• Manual 3-speed switch (loose item, wall mounted)
• Thermostat which includes 3-speed switch (loose item, wall mounted)
• Shut-off valve (loose item or built in the unit)
• Auxiliary drain pan under 3-way valves
• 4-pipe system units have a double coil (3-rows cooling + 1-row heating)
• Synthetic media filter
• Unit’s casing for none decorative units is coated with weatherproof, polyester powder electrostatic paint, oven-baked
to ensure maximum gloss and hardness.
• 3-way valve (loose item or built in the unit)
• Built-in electric heaters with the following standards:
1. Finned tube electric heating element
2. Automatic thermal safety
• Optional components for built-in electric heaters are available:
1. Manual thermal safety cutout
2. Contactor (one normally open contactor)
• All heaters are single stage
• All heaters are available in 208/230 V; 1 phase, 50/60 Hz power supply.
• Capacities for electric heaters are provided in this manual.
• Supply grills (for DCC and DCV models only)
• Ducted return air unit with bottom withdrawal filter (for DCP models only)